Pages

Monday 18 November 2013

Exciting Times!



Hey Y'all!

I've just been confirmed on a trip to Indonesia with Operation Wallacea! I'm super excited as it means that I have the chance to spent 2 weeks as a research assistant in the jungles of Sulawesi, and then 2 weeks researching coral reefs on an island called Hoga.


Indonesia was just one of the locations I could have chosen, OpWall run 9 programmes looking into conservation management and biodiversity across the globe.


I chose the Indonesia camp because of the location - it's located in the Wallacea region (hence the company name) and has lots of unique species, and is one of the least studied forests, so there is a large chance of finding new vertebrate species. 

I am also really looking forward to diving again. I learnt in Thailand so it would be great to brush up my skills in the most biologically diverse coral reefs in the world.


The only downside is the cost! I need to cover flights, dive kit, camera kit and the actual expedition so I'll be doing loads of fundraising over the next 6 months. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! & congrats, your trip/work sounds so exciting :D

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete