Pages

Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year, New Plans

Hey Y'all

After my last post, which was rather macabre, I've decided to make some positive changes, to hopefully make me feel better about myself and my life. They are not resolutions as such, rather they are steps in a plan to make me more organised, fitter, and more sociable.

1. Education
 - GO TO LECTURES! My first term at uni, and I made it to about 50% of my lectures. That is not a good start! this term I am aiming to make 90% ( to allow for those missed 10am due to stonking hangovers.)
- STOP LEAVING WORK TO THE LAST MINUTE! I'm going to try and complete tasks a few days before they are due in, so I have time to go over and edit them, rather than pulling all nighters. I also plan to do more reading, and actually go to the library this term.

A bit more of this...


2. Fitness
GO TO 2 FITNESS CLASSES A WEEK! I went to a few last term and really enjoyed them whilst I was there, I just need more motivation to actually go!
PLAN HEALTHY MEALS! Making a meal plan means that I know exactly what I need to buy, so I don't go round the supermarket thinking "Ooh cheese, yes please." It will also help me save my much needed monies, to help pay for my Indonesia trip.

A bit more of this...


3. Social Life
BE MORE SOCIABLE! Yes I know I've got some great mates in my accommodation, but I think there might be more people to be friends with elsewhere. I am going to make more of an effort with geography events, because it is useful knowing people on your course and I am also going to do Brum Dine With Me, a great way to meet 6 other people and get to know them over 6 weeks.
MAKE MORE OF AN EFFORT TO KEEP IN TOUCH! Despite coming home for the holidays and feeling like we had never been apart, I missed regular contact with my besties. From now on I am going to try and Skype them once a week, just to catch up with what's going on with them.
RESPECT MYSELF! Yes, enjoy drinking, enjoy going out, but make sure you are sensible and don't put yourself in bad situations. Last year I put myself in several dangerous situations, such walking home alone from a club with no phone and no idea where I was, and going back to boys places, without letting my friends know where I was going. From now on I am going to try and stop putting myself in those situations, so I don't have regrets in the morning, and don't have to apologise when I make my friends worry.

And maybe a few less of these?
Hopefully these steps can help me change for the better, so 2014 is a happier, healthier and more organised year.

Have you got any resolutions?

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Some of these resolutions are on my list too, especially planing healthy meals, lol. Too often I find myself eating junk because I'm too lazy to cook :/

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same with the lectures situation haha!

    www.skinandroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im finishing my gcses now, i feel your pain!
    Make sure to check out my blog!
    majotron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete