Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Feeling Overwhelmed

Sorry in advance for a long/sad waffly post.

Right now I'm feeling really overwhelmed with life. I have a piece of coursework due and an exam in 2 weeks time and I can't muster up any motivation to revise or complete the task. Yesterday I sat at the computer from 12pm-1am and didn't manage to get anything useful done.

I am useless with computers and my coursework needs me to map something using software that I have never used and all my requests for help have been ignored. I can't leave it because this entire bit of work is worth 10 whole credits. (If anyone is familiar with arcmap...)

Revision wise I am looking at the powerpoints and thinking "Shit I don't know any of this" before quickly going back over the small amount I do know. (woo to volcanoes)

I knew taking a year out of education would make it harder for me to become a good student, seeing as I was rubbish at school before the break, but I  thought that there would be a bit more support in place (as advertised on open days) to help me get back into education mode, and help me improve my shocking work ethic. When I get back I'm definitely going to talk to my tutor about extra help. I imagine he won't be much help but it's a start.

I am also considering my options outside of university. Do I really want to be here, what else can I do, what do I want to do in the future? At the moment I feel trapped and all I want to do is get out of the country.

Life ey.
Here's a picture of a cute puppy to make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment